Health, Safety & Environmental Specialist
Under direction of the HSE Manager, document, monitor and support all programs, policies, and procedures which ensure compliance with Environmental Safety and Health requirements. Develop and/or coordinate safety and health programs and Teammate training activities, to ensure a lower incidence of on-the-job accidents and promote overall safety and health. Act as the HS & E Manager in their absence.
A summary of the essential functions of the position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Environmental Compliance:
- As directed, complete the timely reporting of necessary documentation pertaining to SARA Title III, V, Tier II, and related environmental requirements.
- Develop plans and procedures with guidance from the HS&E Manager on handling hazardous waste and emergency spills; train Teammates on plan implementation.
- Coordinate with the HS & E manager necessary documentation to obtain permits in relation to environmental issues.
- Teammate Health:
- Coordinate and complete all industrial hygiene and Teammate health testing as directed by the HS & E Manager; maintain records and notify Teammates of test results.
- Enforce procedures pertaining to use of protective equipment.
- Coordinate with the HS & E Manager to develop and promote Teammate wellness programs.
- Maintain interface with Teammates, doctor and Worker’s Compensation on work related injuries.
- Coordinate issues and procedures that are related to Texas Workers Compensation.
- Workplace Safety:
- Review all Teammate injury reports for completeness and maintain OSHA-300,301,300A logs.
- Coordinate with the HS & E Manager to administer Hazardous Communication Program.
- Organize activities of Safety Committee including the agenda, roster, taking of minutes and compiling stats.
- Prepare necessary corporate and division safety reports.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Prepare necessary corporate of division safety reports.
- Develop and administer annual safety budget.
- Assist with other duties assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Environmental Science or equivalent experience. Must remain current on position responsibilities through participation in continuing education workshops, seminars, etc.
- Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of background in assisting an industrial Safety and Health program. Experience in a highly labor-intensive environment preferred. Must possess effective interpersonal and communications.